Want something that tastes naughty but is anything but? I love shredded duck pancakes when I order a takeaway and I’m partial to a good bit of pulled pork too. But during a week of health vibes saucey pork and fatty duck probably isn’t the best idea. So here’s something that’ll put a smile on your face.. Tuna disguised as shredded meat.
The flavours added to the tuna turn it from a fishy nightmare to a meaty dream. The consistency of the tuna is very similar to pulled pork so tricks the mind into thinking it’s an indulgent treat. It’s piss easy to prepare.. have a go!
- 1 tin of tuna (the kind that doesn’t have dolphin in please!)
- 2 baby gem lettuces
- Hoisin sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Light soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, sliced lengthways
- ½ a red pepper, sliced finely
- A thumb sized chunk of ginger, chopped finely
- ½ a small onion, sliced finely
- Oil for frying
- Start by heating a small amount of oil in a frying pan or wok. I’ve used coconut oil. Add the onion, red pepper and ginger and cook on a medium heat for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add a good splash of soy sauce and throw in the tuna. Mix together, add a good glug of hoisin and oyster sauce. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, tear the lettuce leaves from the stem and fill those little beauties with your tuna mix.
- Top with spring onion and get crunching.