Here’s a cheeky little recipe for a dish so tasty you’ll experience an on-the-spot foodgasm. This one pot wonder is packed full of piquant flavours and vibrant colours. Super easy to make, it’s a thow-it-in kind of job. Even the most lacklustre of cooks can rustle this up and make it look (and taste) delicious as fuck!
This dish is one of the ways I tricked my boyfriend into falling in love with me (aside from my stunning looks and personality, obvs). I made it for him the first time I had him over for dinner, and he’s still bloody here. With food this good, no one wants to leave the dinner party. Although it could also have something to do with all the wine thrown in and served alongside, theres something about this meal that makes you want to crack open a bottle or two of a sexy red pinot.
So, like most of my recipes you can adapt some of the ingredients to work with what you may already have. So if you don’t have a red onion I’m sure a white will be suffice. If you don’t have red pepper, go ahead and use that green (although they don’t taste as good, but hey.. I’m not eating it). Just use your kitchen common sense, if you possess such a thing 😉
Serves 4 – 6
- 8 chicken thighs (skin on)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- ½ tin pinto beans (drained)
- 1 red onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 white onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 red pepper (roughly chopped)
- 40g pitted olives
- 100g chorizo (sliced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- Half bottle of red wine
- Salt & pepper
- Start by searing the hell outta those chicken thighs in a large frying pan on a high heat. When they are brown all over transfer to a large deep oven-proof tray. Season with a bit of paprika and salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 200°c. To the tray add the tins of tomatoes, beans, peppers, onions.. oh screw it. Throw EVERYTHING in the tray (told you it was a one-pot wonder, no pissing around here).
- Bake in oven for approximately 35-40 minutes, take out occasionally and stir it up.
- Serve with wine, wine and more wine.